Eyelash extensions are fantastic. They can bring a look together or make you look ready to go without even trying. But there is nothing worse than going through the process of getting them done and then not knowing how to look after them. If you want to get the most out of your eyelash extensions without damaging or ruining them, let us give you the best tips!
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are semi-permanent lashes that are hand glued on top of your natural lashes. They are attached as individual lashes providing lots of creativity and customisation to your desired look.
Benefits of eyelash extensions
Eyelash extensions are amazing for those who want to look ready for the day as soon as they wake up! Not only do they enhance your everyday look, but there’s no need for mascara anymore, so you can shorten your morning routine. Eyelash extensions can change your face look by opening up the eyes. Eyelash extensions add volume, lift your lashes, and add length, creating an incredible eye look.
And, of course, no damage to your natural lashes, so how could you not want to get eyelash extensions here in Perth?
The different variants of eyelash extensions
There is an excellent range of lashes to choose from. You can pick from faux silk or faux mink extensions offering synthetic vegan options. You can also choose the size and thickness of your lashes, so you can truly achieve any desired look. Talk to the beauticians at our beauty treatment salon in the Perth Hills, WA, for what will work best for you.
What are the common issues with eyelash extension maintenance?
Many people with eyelash extensions think once they are glued on, the work is all done, and you don’t need to worry about upkeep. This couldn’t be further from the truth!
The longevity of your lashes is all up to you and how you choose to look after them. Forgetting to brush them out, using makeup that disturbs the lashes, or sleeping poorly with eyelash extensions are the common issues with maintenance where people lose their lashes.
What are the best tips for sleeping with eyelash extensions?
- Using a silk pillowcase is highly recommended as it is a
- soft material that won’t pull on your lashes.
- Sleeping on your back makes a huge difference. The more you move or let your
- eyelashes touch the pillow, the greater chance they will fall out.
- Don’t rub your eyes when you wake up. This will disturb the lashes at the root
- and encourage them to fall out sooner.
- We encourage side sleeper clients to push their pillow back. It’s amazing how we can train ourselves to do this for our lashes !!
- Avoid using heavy or oil based products around the eyes at night.
- Avoid water and steam for the first 24 hours after getting your eyelash
- extensions done.
- Avoid oil-based cleansers because they can dissolve the glue that holds your
- Keep up with your aftercare! Make sure you are gently brushing through your lashes a
- couple of times a day with a spoolie.
- Eyelash extensions mean you can cut out mascara from your makeup routine.
How long will they last?
If you keep up with your aftercare, eyelash extensions can last up to three weeks as they begin to fall out naturally. We recommend fortnightly refills to avoid twisting and pulling and therefore caring for your natural lashes.
It is your responsibility after application to protect and upkeep your lashes. Although aftercare is crucial to their longevity, the way you sleep is just as essential and can be the factor that makes them stay longer.